Radio OZNRH says hallo.

Pirate radio transmitters, transmitting antenna systems, pirate radio equipment suitable for AM or shortwave broadcasting. Reviews, modifications, other info specific to shortwave pirate radio broadcasting.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RadioOZNRH
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Radio OZNRH says hallo.

Post by RadioOZNRH » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:52 am

Hi here 8-) ..
Here I will describe our MW setup a little closer.

Our transmitter:
Is an 'AMT 3000' in a modified version with 50 ohm 25 mW. output, an linear driver to 1 Watt and finally
a linear PA-stage on 60 Watt PEP. For giving a good music quality, my output from the PA is set to about 10 Watt.
My antenna is a long wire open dipole on 2 x 25 meters wire with matching coils to give a good SWR.

It is planned in the new year we will increase the power to 100 watts, but more on this/when later.
The new 100 Watts PA-stage, is a linear 500-watt level set to 100 Watts RMS in order to provide good space for the modulation. The PA-stage is followed by a 'Diplexer' with harmonic termination and an attenuation of better than -60 dB. of unwanted signals.

My parallel project:

See pic down on the page...

If anyone would like to 'play with', then there is sentenced PWM.

If you do not have a 'PLL signal' available, as shown, the X-tal oscillator can do it.
Power driver is not required for the first test, point 'B' can be connected directly to the test filter 'C'. The construction is not 100% optimized so that there is room for testing and playing.

PWM is a 'newer more economical' way to make AM on when each stage of the transmitter can work quite un-linear as an FM transmitter, remember it is only the pulse width is changing in time with the music not the amplitude, therefore, both Class C and E stages can be used.
Not only that, with PWM can kilowatt transmitters modulated with a few mV. music.
But without a good 'low-pass filter' in the end is not work, because this is here the AM modulation is done.

Let me know if this is something to play with on ;) .

73 from Ole Pirat 8-) ..
Attachments
PWM1.jpg

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable