Class-E project

Pirate radio transmitters, transmitting antenna systems, pirate radio equipment suitable for AM or shortwave broadcasting. Reviews, modifications, other info specific to shortwave pirate radio broadcasting.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
VUDU
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Class-E project

Post by VUDU » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:01 am

So I picked up an NS-40 transmitter kit recently. It is a Class-E 5 watt CW transmitter using an IRF-510 final.

The plan is to modulate it And see how it does. More to follow.
Reverend Bow Voodoo

Bastard Modulation Engineering

Can I get an Amen?

The Poet

Re: Class-E project

Post by The Poet » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:42 pm

Very interesting.... that would be this one here, I presume?
http://www.4sqrp.com/NS40.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That looks like a kit for my level of building expertise ;-)

Please let us know how it works out!

Once modulated, do you think it would be suitable to drive some sort of amplifier ?

There are a lot of pallet amps on eBay now for different spectrums of HF which require about 1-5 watts drive... and of course, there are the published Motorola designs...
The Poet
"A treasonous voice of dissent"
'Demonstrating a Deliberate Disregard for the FCC's Authority and Its Rules,' Amen!

The Crystal Ship :: Shortwave Pirate Radio
tcsshortwave@gmail.com
Free Radio Cafe on Facebook
Follow FRC Loggings on Twitter

VUDU
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by VUDU » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:26 pm

yup, that's it...

if it will do 5W CW, it should pull off a 1 watt carrier and 4 watts fully modulated...

The plan is to remove the power between the C1 connection point and the 510 power supply, then modulate the power feeding the 510 with a LM386 and a Darlington pair...
Reverend Bow Voodoo

Bastard Modulation Engineering

Can I get an Amen?

Midnite-Toaker

Post by Midnite-Toaker » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:35 pm

....John....what goes with ops on 11-bx ? you fired me up with old post,..I'm ready ...