Radio First Termer Relay need Address for QSL!!

General Discussion of Pirate Radio, Free Radio, Pirate Radio Stations, Pirate Radio Listening, Shortwave Listening, Music, Movies, Society, Culture, & whatever else.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rockyrhino
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Radio First Termer Relay need Address for QSL!!

Post by rockyrhino » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi Guys: I am familiar with the story behind the ORIGINAL Pirate Station RADIO FIRST TERMER, which broadcast from Saigon during the Vietnam War. Last night I heard a RELAY of a "Radio First Termer" Program via WBCQ in Maine.
Now my question is…..was there a "North American Pirate" Station that called itself "Radio First Termer" as well and transmitted some programs as a Memorial to the Original Station and Dave Rabbitt?? If so…..who relayed these Shows and what is the QSL Info for the Shows aired on SW here in North America. Were they also responsible for the Relay heard on WBCQ last night..or was that just Alan Wiener relaying that on his own. I'd like to get a QSL for the NA Pirate Radio First Termer if anyone can help solve this mystery!! Has anyone on here received a QSL..if so..from whom??? Please help!! Thanks rocky rhino.
Twiddlin' the Dials in Southwestern Ontario since 1976…………
Please QSL to circledots@rogers.com

The Poet

Re: Radio First Termer Relay need Address for QSL!!

Post by The Poet » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:06 pm

rockyrhino wrote:Hi Guys: I am familiar with the story behind the ORIGINAL Pirate Station RADIO FIRST TERMER, which broadcast from Saigon during the Vietnam War. Last night I heard a RELAY of a "Radio First Termer" Program via WBCQ in Maine.
Now my question is…..was there a "North American Pirate" Station that called itself "Radio First Termer" as well and transmitted some programs as a Memorial to the Original Station and Dave Rabbitt?? If so…..who relayed these Shows and what is the QSL Info for the Shows aired on SW here in North America. Were they also responsible for the Relay heard on WBCQ last night..or was that just Alan Wiener relaying that on his own. I'd like to get a QSL for the NA Pirate Radio First Termer if anyone can help solve this mystery!! Has anyone on here received a QSL..if so..from whom??? Please help!! Thanks rocky rhino.
There has been no North American Pirate station claiming to call themselves by that same name.

Several stations did run some of the old programs at some point, including my own 'The Crystal Ship' once or twice back around 2006-2008, but no one was "recreating" the station as a North American pirate. It is possible that someone may have relayed the programs anonymously at some point without IDing themselves, and that could possibly lead to some confusion... I don't know of anyone ever issuing any "Radio First Termer" QSLs.

The WBCQ airing was probably run as material for a specific program run by WBCQ, but I don't know which one.
It is unlikely that it had anything to do with any North American pirate who ever relayed them.
The Poet
"A treasonous voice of dissent"
'Demonstrating a Deliberate Disregard for the FCC's Authority and Its Rules,' Amen!

The Crystal Ship :: Shortwave Pirate Radio
tcsshortwave@gmail.com
Free Radio Cafe on Facebook
Follow FRC Loggings on Twitter

myteaquinn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Radio First Termer Relay need Address for QSL!!

Post by myteaquinn » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:24 pm

I did receive a QSL from Radio First Termer as relayed by WEAK Radio in 2010.