RFC Jukebox, Part Deux

General Discussion of Pirate Radio, Free Radio, Pirate Radio Stations, Pirate Radio Listening, Shortwave Listening, Music, Movies, Society, Culture, & whatever else.
The Radical
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

RFC Jukebox, Part Deux

Post by The Radical » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:55 am

The instructions for posting You Tube videos are at the beginning of the previous Cafe Jukebox thread. They are so simple, even I can do it! Any who, I selected some interesting covers to open this thread.

The Radical

“The most heroic word in all languages is revolution.”
Eugene V. Debs

Leaf Mason
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ai ai ai!

Post by Leaf Mason » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:59 am

The Greatest May Trang Song EVER!

And now, the Greatest Soul-less Dance Throwdown on a Badminton Court EVER!

More sauce, less taco!

Sealord

Re: RFC Jukebox, Part Deux

Post by Sealord » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:49 am

Couldn't resist throwing in some guitar head stuff...

Here's one of the more melodic shredders, Tony MacAlpine - gotta love that mullet though!

Uli Jon Roth; one of the godfathers of shred with his band project 'Electric Sun' right after he left the Scorpions

Another great player, Paul Gilbert, who has insane technique & wacky sense of humor hence the spacesuits :)

North East Florida
RX-340/Endfire Broadside Verticals
Off Air Recordings
QSL's appreciated: sealord40m@gmail.com

The Radical

Post by The Radical » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:59 pm

I have been visiting my mental attic and remember watching Much Music in the late 90's. I was introduced to Sook-Yin Lee (hot-IMHO) as well as some fine Canadian bands that help me detox from the Boy Bands poisoning MTV.

The Radical

Eugene V. Debs

The Radical

Post by The Radical » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:27 am

More MuchMusic memories!

The Radical

Eugene V. Debs

Gristle
Location: Central Wisconsin(State currently under occupation by a fascist corpratocracy)

Post by Gristle » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:31 pm

Need a little humor on this thread. There is singing...

Had to add this.

muremanon

Post by muremanon » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:17 am

shortwave sure has had a high noisefloor lately

insanity

shrooms

The Radical

Post by The Radical » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:34 am

I was thinking eclectic. So, these were the first three videos that popped into my skull.

The Radical

Eugene V. Debs

The Radical

Post by The Radical » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:52 am

An underrated British performer/songwriter is Paul Weller. (woke up with "Beat Surrender" going through my mind) As the key member of both The Jam and The Style Council, Weller has never been a big hit Stateside and I really don't get it. But, then again, I don't get the Justin Bieber bunkum

The Radical

Eugene V. Debs

Zane

Post by Zane » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:01 pm

Seeing Muremanon's claymation video above reminded me of the series of videos from Tool that used the same technique.
Although they were dark and creepy, I'm still captivated by them.

Particularly this one

Z
hearing the negative waves

The Radical

Post by The Radical » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:39 am

Another underappreciated British singer/songwriter/bassist/producer is Nick Lowe. As a member of a group (Brinsley Schwartz, Rockpile, Little Village) or as a solo artist, Lowe has a wonderful turn of a phrase that goes unnoticed by the teenyboppers today. As a curmudgeon in training, I'll soon be yelling at kids to "GET OFF MY LAWN!!"

Actual footage from his first wedding to Carlene Carter

"Said even little doggies have got to eat"

Wonderful first stanza

"Do you remember Rick Astley?"
The Radical

Eugene V. Debs

muremanon

Post by muremanon » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:51 pm

Gristle
Location: Central Wisconsin(State currently under occupation by a fascist corpratocracy)

Post by Gristle » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:11 pm

Since it is the "Holidayz" I thought I would post a little cheer from my pals in Killdozer.

And why not some Voodoo Glow Skulls too

CoolAM Radio

Post by CoolAM Radio » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:19 am

Yohohoooooooooo

Don't Forget this One!!!!!!

Greets
xmas-ecard(small).jpg
André
CoolAM Radio - ShortWave
the Netherlands

The Poet

Post by The Poet » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:05 pm

Saved by the hands...

but that's cutting it pretty close...
The Poet
"A treasonous voice of dissent"
'Demonstrating a Deliberate Disregard for the FCC's Authority and Its Rules,' Amen!

The Crystal Ship :: Shortwave Pirate Radio
tcsshortwave@gmail.com
Free Radio Cafe on Facebook
Follow FRC Loggings on Twitter

muremanon

Post by muremanon » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:08 am

Joe Satriani - Heavy Metal Christmas "Silent Night" from the album Merry Axemas

a little white christmas

RUN RUN RUDOLPH

"Merry Christmas" Slipknot

The Radical

Post by The Radical » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:27 am

Great Christmas stuff, so far. Now, it's my turn!

The Radical

Eugene V. Debs

The Radical

Post by The Radical » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:27 am

I'm just not sure what to think about this. Any opinion is welcome!

The Radical

Eugene V. Debs

The Poet

Post by The Poet » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:31 pm

I think I'd rather remember them as they were.

The Poet
"A treasonous voice of dissent"
'Demonstrating a Deliberate Disregard for the FCC's Authority and Its Rules,' Amen!

The Crystal Ship :: Shortwave Pirate Radio
tcsshortwave@gmail.com
Free Radio Cafe on Facebook
Follow FRC Loggings on Twitter

The Radical

Post by The Radical » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Okay, I watched the video a couple of times and listened to the song even more. I finally figured out an opinion. If you are going to wait so long after rebuilding the band, please write better songs. I think this may be a one and done for Van Halen, unless they can make a boatload of money on this album and the tour.
The Radical

Eugene V. Debs