Can anyone Verify R. Cairo...

Post your SWL loggings, schedules, news of licensed shortwave radio stations or international shortwave broadcasters, AM radio DX, etc.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Uncle John
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Can anyone Verify R. Cairo...

Post by Uncle John » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:01 pm

Pretty sure caught R. Cairo today, @ 2300gmt., on 9.965.2 (usb zero beat), music "sounds" Middle-Eastern. Anyone else can verify, 1st. time catching Egypt for me. Signal fair but unable to recognize language spoken. Thanks.

AEther
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Can anyone Verify R. Cairo...

Post by AEther » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:10 pm

I get Radio Cairo often and it comes in on several frequencies according to the schedule i use...I've been able to get it on 3 of these. I guess they don't use all of them all the time. The frequeny for the time you mentioned is spot on and runs from 2300UTC-2400UTC at exactly 9965 kilohertz and yes it is in English. It is only a 250 KW transmitter so I can get it, but I need to use an active loop antenna and some nights where conditions are bad I can't make it out at all. It also comes in at the same frequency from 000-0030UTC and 0200-0330UTC on (all frequencies in Kilohertz) 9720, 9315, 9835, and 9860 for their English Language broadcasts. Hope this helps and good catch!

-AEther

Uncle John

Post by Uncle John » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:49 pm

Thanks. I live in a single story/single row of 8 apartments. The roof is sheet aluminum & the walls are sheet rock. And if that weren't enough I am restricted to a reel antenna taped to the ceiling. So just about any catch is good. Thanks for sharing. Uncle John in Oak Harbor.

AEther

Post by AEther » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:36 pm

Try an active loop. I got Cairo on a reel for a while but it was barely audible and then i tried it with a Sony AN-LP1 antenna (receiver is a Sangean ATS-909X). Cleared up the signal well. I also am in living arrangements where my antenna choices are limited and the terrain is not the best. The active loop, stuck to a bedroom window, has made all the difference :)