Voice of Korea

Post your SWL loggings, schedules, news of licensed shortwave radio stations or international shortwave broadcasters, AM radio DX, etc.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
stevechisox
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Voice of Korea

Post by stevechisox » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:46 am

Picked them up for the first time last night on 15180 khz at 3:00 utc. Program was in French. I made some audio recordings of the music with my blackberry. Wasn't able to make a video because my laptop was out of battery and the power was out. This was my first time hearing VoK. Would like to hear the English program at some point. I need to figure out how to convert the blackberry file to an mp3 or something.

Just crazy listening to that station. I just sit back and image the people broadcasting, what they are thinking, if they actually believe all the things they say. The people at the station probably have access to far more information than the average North Korean.
Last edited by stevechisox on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sealord
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Voice of Korea

Post by Sealord » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:03 pm

My favorite line by the announcers, when they make a US reference is “..imperialist lacky dogs..” :roll:

Great name for a punk band though....
North East Florida
RX-340/Endfire Broadside Verticals
Off Air Recordings
QSL's appreciated: sealord40m@gmail.com

reeta

Re: Voice of Korea

Post by reeta » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:04 am

Captain Ron doesn't seem to have been on the air for awhile. Think the last report was before Halloween sometime.

Pirate broadcasters often tend to go in streaks. They may be on quite often for a period, and then disappear for stretches. I'm sure Captain Ron Shortwave will be back on the air sooner or later.
reeta