Transmitter not receiving audio from computer

Pirate FM broadcasting: how to start a pirate FM radio station, discuss or review FM broadcast transmitters, FM broadcast antennas, FM amplifiers, audio processing, software, radio station equipment, and issues related to pirate FM broadcasting.
neighbors75

Transmitter not receiving audio from computer

Post by neighbors75 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:36 pm

Hello,

I just bought a sain sonic AX-05B Low Power fm Transmitter, I put it all together like is explained antenna first, power supply. then checked for transmission to my fm radio on the empty channel I selected air silence. Here is the problem, When I remove my speaker 3.5 plug in my computer audio and put the audio feed to the transmitter I get nothing from the computer. I checked my fm radio before the audio, all was silence at the frequency i choose, plugged audio in the audio port and nothing transmitted to the fm radio, yet I can plug my speakers back in and get sound. The cord I used to the transmitter is new. I use windows 7 and Sam Broadcaster software as I have an internet Radio station on the air. so I am a Loss as to what to do. :|

The Poet

Re: Transmitter not rercieving audio from computer

Post by The Poet » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:44 am

I would try using the computer headphone jack for audio to the transmitter.

If there's no volume or modulation variable control on the transmitter, then I'm not sure what else the problem would be.
The Poet
"A treasonous voice of dissent"
'Demonstrating a Deliberate Disregard for the FCC's Authority and Its Rules,' Amen!

The Crystal Ship :: Shortwave Pirate Radio
tcsshortwave@gmail.com
Free Radio Cafe on Facebook
Follow FRC Loggings on Twitter

neighbors75

Re: Transmitter not rercieving audio from computer

Post by neighbors75 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:08 pm

I am going to use an mp3 player to broadcast with, it works but it does have limits. It is possible I may need to install a better sound card. Thanks Poet..!

Sambooka25

Re: Transmitter not receiving audio from computer

Post by Sambooka25 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:03 am

Maybe some firewall is blocking software