97.9 Z-Rock, 10/04/14, St. Paul, MN.

Pirate FM broadcasting: how to start a pirate FM radio station, discuss or review FM broadcast transmitters, FM broadcast antennas, FM amplifiers, audio processing, software, radio station equipment, and issues related to pirate FM broadcasting.
Oly1959

97.9 Z-Rock, 10/04/14, St. Paul, MN.

Post by Oly1959 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:38 pm

Was tuning around the FM dial this morning and caught a station on 97.9 playing some really good rock music. Artists were from the Doors, Hendrix, Joplin, Kid Rock, CCR Van Halen and many others. This went on for about 4 hrs of straight, uninterrupted music until at the end the operator said Z-Rock FM. and then was off. For FM, I use a Carver TX-11 Tuner hooked to a older Channel Master Stereo Probe 9 antenna on a rotor and it works really good. :D Lots of FM DX on this rig. Signal was rock solid and audio was excellent with no overload and wide stereo separation but did hear a little 60 hz hum in the background when I turned up the volume. Went for a drive from my home QTH and lost signal going south about 4 miles and going north about 3 miles. Really don't know if this is a start of a LPFM station or is a Free FM radio operator. :?: Whoever you are, thanks for the great tunes this morning! Very enjoyable! :mrgreen:
DXing' with a Drake R8A/Afedri Net SDR into a Alpha Delta Sloper here in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. Please QSL at solson4508@gmail.com. Thanks and have a great day my friend! "Long Live Pirate Radio!"