issue with low sound on my FM Transmitter

Pirate FM broadcasting: how to start a pirate FM radio station, discuss or review FM broadcast transmitters, FM broadcast antennas, FM amplifiers, audio processing, software, radio station equipment, and issues related to pirate FM broadcasting.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
linatotoro
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

issue with low sound on my FM Transmitter

Post by linatotoro » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Hi all, I'm a newbie to the DIY radio community and I made a FM transmitter that uses 88hz to transmit audio files from my computer. It was working fine with all of my music files + audio books and played fine through the 88 Fm channel on my radio, but for some reason the 2 audio (WAV) files I received from someone who recorded a speech plays through at a very low volume through my radio. Bits per sample is at 18, and the sample rate is at 44,100.

First i thought it was the format, so I converted to a mp3 file. Then I tried boosting the volume but still no luck. I'm sure something is wrong with the file format- as the audio quality is fine and loud. Could anyone help me out?

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable