Equipment ? need help

Pirate FM broadcasting: how to start a pirate FM radio station, discuss or review FM broadcast transmitters, FM broadcast antennas, FM amplifiers, audio processing, software, radio station equipment, and issues related to pirate FM broadcasting.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dss56
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Equipment ? need help

Post by dss56 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:35 pm

Does someone out there know of a good 88-108 swr meter or an 88-108 swr/antenna matcher.
If so what are the model # you are using.

thanks dss56

The Poet

Re: Equipment ? need help

Post by The Poet » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:56 pm

Anything made specifically for the FM range is probably commercial broadcast quality suitable for megawatts, costing UBER-BUCKs.

Your best bet is probably for something advertised as suitable for the 1.8-200 MHz range, such as this (can't vouch for it personally but I use a lot of MFJ with no major complaints):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MFJ-822-CROSS- ... 8910!US!-1

I would shop around on ebay for something with specs that include the FM frequency range, but this was the starting price level I found after a few minutes of looking (for something that definitely included the FM band range). Most of the stuff for "VHF/UHF" seemed to start at 120 MHz and up.

I had a little SWR-wattmeter that was suitable, can't remember what I paid for it but I don't think it's made any more.
The Poet
"A treasonous voice of dissent"
'Demonstrating a Deliberate Disregard for the FCC's Authority and Its Rules,' Amen!

The Crystal Ship :: Shortwave Pirate Radio
tcsshortwave@gmail.com
Free Radio Cafe on Facebook
Follow FRC Loggings on Twitter

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable